Are you struggling to grasp how to utilise the power of social media for your business? It’s overwhelming… not only are there 4 to 5 major social media platforms to choose from, but they’re updating and evolving quickly so it’s hard to keep up!!
Common things I hear from people wanting social media success are:
If the above resonates then you’re certainly not alone. However considering that 93% of purchase decisions are influenced by social media, businesses of all shapes and sizes should ensure their online presence is working for them (not against them).
Social media plays an integral role in our everyday lives, with users logging in several times daily to catch up and connect with people. Therefore it is essential that social media is understood because it’s increasingly threading into the fabric of communication, connectivity, ...life!
This is why I am providing the social media starter pack, which is ideal for anyone who is currently using (or thinking of using) social media for sales and marketing, and want some solid guidance to approaching the channel in a far more focused and strategic way to gain results that matter to your business.
Who is the course designed for?
The course is specifically designed for businesses to set up, orientate and maximise their online social media presence. If you are a business owner, startup, social media or community manager, entrepreneur, online content creator, or someone who wants to up-skill their social media knowledge and power - then this course is for you.
Why is the course created?
Too many businesses set up a social media profile and settle into a haphazard presence without strategy, resulting in stop/start engagement and lacklustre impact. Due to their minimal efforts in maintaining (not even growing) their social media presence, it risks being more detrimental than not having a social media presence at all!
In the famous words of Erik Qualman...
"We don't have a choice on whether we DO social media, the question is how well we do it."
Take these 2017 stats for example...
Too many businesses under appreciate the time, money and resource for a solid, structured and active social media presence. Ignoring how social media can help drive reach, engagement and conversion is a significantly missed opportunity, particularly now that social media channels are vastly improving their business tools, data analytics and overall user experience. So do you want your business left behind..
What does the course cover?
The course gives you the a comprehensive overview on:
Course content explained
1. What is social media and its value today is a breakdown of the landscape and putting a lens of certain aspects to help educate and demystify any reluctance in getting started (or taking serious action...). The lectures will showcase a historical overview of social media and its whirlwind journey, because it will provide the context to where we are. Having the social media knowledge and overview will provide a greater awareness and appreciation of its important in today's society, and enable you to make more informed decisions about the landscape.
2. Who is using social media and why will provide you with the nuts and bolts to understand which social media platform(s) are right for you. During this section I'll guide you through the demographics, key behaviours, and trends for each of the four social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Understanding who is engaging on each will enable you to make more informed decisions about which social media platforms your business should be present on.
3. Why social media strategy is important, and how to create yours is not to be missed by small businesses. Laying down the strategic foundations will clearly set out your ambitions for using social media before diving in. You will feel more aware, prepared and ultimately happy about embracing social media because you're working towards something. It's like getting into the driver's seat without a driving licence; your journey will be reckless and unreliable, and blaming the car will not help (it's rarely the car's fault). A clear social media strategy will support in many ways, including setting out your expectations and provide focus with your social media actions. During the course I will provide the tools and materials in getting you in a solid and strategic position to embrace social media to your advantage. I will be sharing and walking you through a simple-to-use social media strategy template that will:
The strategy section sets our course apart from other social media education, so don't miss out!
4. How to set up, optimise and use social media to your advantage provides the fundamentals in getting the most from the 4 social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. I will walk you through each platform, step by step, so you are in the best position to be 'launch-ready' and raring to go. Many social media platforms are gravitating towards a 'pay-to-play' model, so I'll give you an overview in how advertising is playing a key role when embracing social media. Knowing and understanding all the go-to areas will make easy work when interacting, observing and measuring your success. I will also provide you with some great examples in how other small businesses are using each platform to their advantage, giving you inspiration and confidence in moving forward with your social media journey.
Not only do you gain access to a superb online social media course, you will be invited to participate in 4x live webinars that looks at strategy and tactics for each of the social media channels - Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram. Each webinar will specifically focus on one channel, providing comprehensive insights and a fantastic opportunity to ask any questions relating to that channel. Webinar invitations will be provided via email upon course purchase, and will be recorded for anyone who misses it.
Who are Unleash Digital Ltd
We are an independent digital agency with one goal - to educate and support small businesses to optimise and significantly improve their digital presence. Launching in January 2016, we have already supported many businesses with the knowledge and power to take their efforts to the next level, making them feel confident, empowered and able to embrace the power of digital. From websites, workshops to elearning courses (like this one), we want to provide the tools and materials so businesses can take action.
"I found the course very comprehensive of the social media scene. As a small business, the course gave me the tools to understand and put in practice my marketing strategy in a very small amount of time. Since I've done the course I feel far more confident in my approach to social media advertising and I've managed to find new clients especially through Facebook ads. I would definitely recommend it".
- Noemi Lercara, Business Owner
"I really never knew there was so much to social media. Ross provides a friendly and insightful guide in achieving a strong social media presence for your business."
- Harry Bedford, App Developer
Ross Macintyre is the Managing Director of Unleash Digital Ltd and has been working with global brands for over 8 years. Previously as Head of Digital at a Pan-European shopper marketing agency, Ross set up Unleash Digital to offer digital specific expertise whilst understanding the wider omnichannel (both online and offline) world today.
Ross has spoken at TEDx London about the western society’s tech addiction, and how technology is used as part of the consumer shopper journey, introducing his ‘PLACE’ shopper roadmap to purchase.
Having worked with companies including Ariel, Chicago Town, Fortnum & Mason, as well as SMEs and London start-ups, Ross Macintyre is ready to guide you through the first steps to social media business success.